On Wednesday 30th, Special court in Lucknow acquitted all blamed in the Babri Masjid demolition case. The court identifies the demolition was not pre-planned and exempted the accused as the evidence presented were not strong enough. During the trial, the Central Bureau of Investigation delivered 351 witnesses and 600 documents as proof before the CBI court.
Special CBI judge Surendra Kumar Yadav did not concede the videos produced by the Central Bureau of Investigation, holding that the recording had been altered with, defence lawyer Manish Tripathi said. The judge also did not admit the photographs submitted by the CBI since it couldn’t deliver the first negatives The judge also agreed with the defence that the CBI did not follow provisions of the Evidence Act.
After 1992 Babri Masjid demolition initially, charges were framed against 49 accused; 17 accused have died. Remaining 32 were summoned by the Court today for the decision. 26 attendees were present at the court but due to COVID-19, senior citizens and those unwell including former deputy prime minister LK Advani, former Union Minister MM Joshi, Uma Bharti who recently tested positive for the virus, former Chief Minister Kalyan Singh, Mahant Nritya Gopal Das went to by means of video conferencing.
“I had no connection with the demolition as I was not even present in the spot. My stance has been vindicated and I finally got justice,” said the former Rajya Sabha MP Satish Pradhan one of the accused. Supporters of the leaders celebrated across Ayodhya and Lucknow outside the court.